- June 2, 2019
- Posted by: Dennis Major
- Category: Moore Financial Services
Do you want to obtain quality clients and retain them? Are you struggling to obtain quality clients who are willing to pay you for your services or products? Below you will find six tips on how to obtain and retain quality clients for your business. It does not matter if you are providing a good or services. These tips will work for you.
- Don’t worry about the money. Provide a quality product and/or service, and the money will come. Oftentimes, people think about the bottom dollar first. This is backwards thinking. The question in the back of your mind as a business owner should always be, how I can help this client with my product. Once you come up with the answer by asking that question directly to the client, you will get your answer and be able to offer your product or service at a price that is fair for the both of you.
- Always offer give more than the client expects. Have you ever been to a restaurant that charged a lot of money for a little food? Were you satisfied? Even if the food was good, you probably wished you had gotten more for your money. Or have you ever been to a restaurant that gave you heaping amounts of food on your plate although you may not have paid that much, and the food was good? Which restaurant did you return to? Most likely it was the one that gave you more for your money. The same applies to any other product or service. Don’t be afraid to give away something for free or add an extra service at a discount. Companies who do this tend to retain their clients or customers. The money will come.
- Get in front of more people. Do people know your company exists? Do you have a website? Most people are on their smart phones several hours out of the day. Are you making use of the many avenues for free internet advertising? Don’t be afraid to pay for quality advertising in your niche area of business. Set aside an advertising budget every month, and see which works best. When one method does not work, quickly move to another method. Don’t waste time on something that does not make your company money. Even if you have a good product or service; if you are not getting in front of people to make it known, you are not in business until you do make yourself known. A business has to be making money.
- Don’t be afraid to say no. If the client is not the type of client that fits your product or service, don’t try to make them fit. Don’t be afraid to say next. It will save both of you time and energy. Many business owners feel they should take every client or customer that comes through the door, but if that person cannot afford your service, it will do both of you an injustice in the future even if they do hire your company. Always vet a potential client to see if they are a good fit for your company.
- Don’t under-price your product or service. Many new business owners make the mistake of not charging enough for their product or service. They do not take into account the amount of time it takes to complete the task, or the amount of resources that are used to complete the service provided. Many things have to been taken into account in order to come up with a reasonable price for a product or service. These include: How long it takes to make a product, how long it takes to complete a service, what is your time worth an hour based on your experience and market rates, the overhead such as electricity, rent, utilities, and gas for your vehicles, the cost to hire employees or contract workers, and more. Once this is taken into account, you should be able to come up with a price for your product or service that is fair for you as the business owner and the client or customer.
- Treat people the way you want to be treated. Do you remember special days such as anniversaries and graduations of clients or customers? Do you send thank you cards or small gifts for customer loyalty? You may want to come up with a plan to start doing these things. And remember a smile also goes a long way.
Practicing these things in your business can help you obtain and retain quality clients. Let us hear your success stories. We would love to feature you in our business spotlight.